Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Flags of our Fathers or aka She's Crying

Lets be honest. I am not much of a history buff, as history is not really my thing. I do not know much about American history or any other kind of history. I sometimes find myself bored by the subject and lost, daydreaming about food or something more important. LOL.

Flags of our Fathers was definitely than other of historical book I have ever read. Written by one of the sons of the famous flag-raisers in the picture of the flag being raised on Iwo Jimas, it is heart-felt! The son tells the story of every soldier pictured in the well talked about photograph. This is a graphic story with many details about war that could be gruesome for some. I found the book to be hard to put down and absolutely sad.

I encourage every one to read this book on one of the most bloody wars the United States has ever been in. Get some insight into American history with this absolute love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment