Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Petals of the Moon

I am not regularly a poetry reading kind of girl. It bores me and is typically not something I want to cuddle up on the couch with a cup of coffee and read all day. Well, after reading Petals of the Moon, that has for sure changed for me.

This book of poetry draws you in with its ominous black covers with the phases on the moon symmetrically placed. Its gorgeous! The poetry is short but very deep on each page as it goes through describing a sleepless night. This book is broken down into "phases" of the moon as different chapters, if you will.

Though it is almost dark it is comforting in a way as well. This poetry by C. Churchill is great for someone like me, just starting out in the poetry biz. I recommend it for a great read and if not, a gorgeous cover for your coffee table. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment